Tuesday, February 14, 2017

GOD’S LOVE



A 36 year old mother was discovered to be in the advanced stages of terminal cancer. One doctor advised her to spend her remaining days on vacation.

A second physician offered her the hope of living two more years with the grueling side effects of radiation. 

She penned the following words to her 3 small children:

“I’ve chosen to try to survive for you. This has some horrible costs, including pain, loss of good humor, and moods I won’t be able to control. But, I must try this, if only on the outside chance that I might live one minute longer. And that minute could be the one you might need me when no one else will do. For this I intend to struggle tooth & nail, so help me God.”

People attempt to prove their love through many different means & some go to great lengths to do so. But no one ever proved their love like Jesus did in dying for us.

- ‘Focus on the Family’ (ministry127.com)

Isa 49:15 (GNT): So the Lord answers, “Can a woman forget her own baby and not love the child she bore? Even if a mother should forget her child, I will never forget you.”

“On the whole, God's love for us is a much safer subject to think about than our love for Him.” -  C.S. Lewis.

No comments: