Wednesday, March 18, 2015

GOD'S VOICE


Several years ago, I owned a car wash with my father. Neither I nor my wife was saved. We started going to church & felt God calling us till we both broke down & gave our lives to Christ.

Later, I had back surgery, removing a ruptured disk. I was devastated. Normally active, athletic & healthy, I was learning how frail I was. Recovery was slow.

I was working December 2, 1995 running our business when an employee said, "Jim, you got to see this. Someone is crushed under a van in front of the car wash."

I immediately went to the front & saw something mangled under the van & people standing around. I felt as if I had to run. I did & started calling for employees to follow. I got to the van & sure enough there was a person under the van. I remember everything being really quiet inside of me & God's voice speaking, "lift the van".

I remember not thinking but going to the back of the van & lifting it, not just waist high but chest high. The reality set in, I then prayed God don't let this crush me. I started to become frightened. Then I felt a wave of calm fill me then I yelled pull him out. People were still not responding. One of my Christian employees went under the van & pulled him out. I went to the side of the victim but he was not breathing & had no pulse.

Things got really still inside of me again & God commanded me to breath life back into him. This time I hesitated. I saw all of the blood & was scared of AIDS or other diseases. God spoke to me & reassured me. Then said: breath.

As I did this, I was aware that over 40 people were praying from the road, my wife, employees & passers by. After the breath his eyes popped open. It was so clear & peaceful. He turned out to be a 14 year old boy in the wrong place at the wrong time.

He made a miraculous recovery with out scars. His parents, their whole church & over 1400 people prayed for me as I had developed a lump on my surgery scar & was having pain. It was completely healed the next day.

I want everyone to know that it was an honor to be used by the most Holy One. God speaks to us all. I have not responded many times thinking this can't be right, I'll pray some more about it. Then it is gone.

If you lose the opportunity to serve God you miss a beautiful blessing. Be responsive, right then. God has a plan for each of our lives. Don't miss His call. - Jim Cox (2jesus.org)

Heb 3:15 (GNB): This is what the scripture says: "If you hear God's voice today, do not be stubborn, as your ancestors were when they rebelled against God."

No comments: