Tuesday, March 31, 2015

WEEPING


When Jesus went to call Lazarus back from the grave, He wept. Some have wondered why He wept.

The Jews must have thought it was from sorrow, because they said, "Behold how he loved him" (John 11:36). Yet we wonder why He wept, if He was going to call him back to life.

Some have said that Jesus wept because for His present purposes it was necessary to call Lazarus back from the joys of heaven. (moreillustrations.com)

Whatever, but when some people were weeping for Jesus as He was being taken to be crucified, this is what He said:

But turning to them Jesus said, "Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me, but weep for yourselves and for your children. (Luke 23:28 ESV)

“I do not know when I am more perfectly happy than when I am weeping for sin at the foot of the cross.” - Charles Spurgeon.

“There have been times that I've wept as I've gone from city to city and I've seen how far people have wandered from God.” - Billy Graham.

“Every tear of sorrow sown by the righteous springs up a pearl.” - Matthew Henry.

No comments: