Thursday, April 30, 2015

ALL THE CREDIT TO GOD


Who invented the telegraph?

God did. God used Samuel F. B. Morse.

One day Morse seemed to be at a dead end in his electronic experiments.  Whatever he tried, didn't work. Do you know what he did?

He says in his own words: "I prayed for more light".

God gave this humble inventor the answer to his electrical problems.

Morse later said: "That's why I never felt I deserved the honors that came to me because of the invention associated with my name. I had made a valuable application of the use of electrical power, but it was all through God's help. It wasn't because I was superior to other scientists."

And then, Morse makes this statement: "When the Lord wanted to bestow this gift on mankind. He had to use someone. I'm just grateful He chose to reveal it to me."

Samuel Morse thanked God. He gave all the credit to God.

(harold740.tripod.com)

Jesus said, "I am the vine, and you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will bear much fruit; for you can do nothing without me.” (John 15:5)

So then, as the scripture says, "Whoever wants to boast must boast of what the Lord has done." (1Co 1:31)

“It is, perhaps, one of the hardest struggles of the Christian life to learn this sentence – ‘Not unto us, not unto us, but unto Thy name be glory’." - Charles Spurgeon.

No comments: