Wednesday, April 29, 2015

THE STRUGGLE MAKES US TICK


Some years ago, the First Baptist Church, Lilburn, Georgia presented me with a beautiful grandfather clock as a gift after years of ministry with them as their pastor.

My wife & I were so thankful for their generosity & thoughtfulness. Through the years we have enjoyed the clock & its beautiful chimes.

It is wonderful to see how the clock works because of the weights that are attached. All I have to do is keep the weights pulling downward & the clock gets doing its job. If the weights are removed, the clock will not work.

I have learned that I am a lot like that grandfather clock.

The weights that God places on my life keep me doing my job. They cause me to lean upon the everlasting arms!

In the Christian life, the problems we must endure are the very things God often uses to bring us to victory.

- J. Mike Minnix (sermoncity.com)

“It is not the cares of today, but the cares of tomorrow, that weigh a man down. For the needs of today we have corresponding strength given. For the morrow we are told to trust. It is not ours yet. It is when tomorrow's burden is added to the burden of today that the weight is more than a man can bear.” - George Macdonald.

Mat 6:34 (GNB): “So do not worry about tomorrow; it will have enough worries of its own. There is no need to add to the troubles each day brings.”

Then Jesus said to all the people: “If any of you want to be my followers, you must forget about yourself. You must take up your cross each day and follow me.” (Luke 9:23).

No comments: