Sunday, April 26, 2015

DEVIL IS A LIAR


One of the happiest men I ever knew was a man in Dundee, Scotland, who had fallen & broken his back when he was a boy of fifteen.

He had lain on his bed for about forty years & suffered much pain, but the grace of God was so abun¬dant upon him, that I almost imagined that when the angels passed over Dundee, they would stop at this bedside to get refreshed.

When I saw him I asked if satan ever tempted him, thinking of God as a hard Master & doubting His love.

"Oh, yes," he said, "many times, as I see others in prosperity, satan says, `If God is so good, you might be rich & well.'"

"What do you do when satan tempts you?" I asked.

"Ah, I just take him to Calvary & show him Christ & His wounds & say, `Does He not loves me?' And Satan got such a scare there hundreds of years ago, that he cannot stand it; he leaves me every time."

- D. L. Moody (moreillustrations.com)

(Jesus told them) “You are the children of your father, the Devil, and you want to follow your father's desires. From the very beginning he was a murderer and has never been on the side of truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he is only doing what is natural to him, because he is a LIAR and the FATHER OF ALL LIES.” - John 8:44.

“I came to serve notice on the devil - he is a liar!” - T.D. Jakes.

No comments: