Thursday, April 16, 2015

SOMEONE OUT THERE NEEDS HELP


Tears have always welled in my eyes because I thought God does not love me after many failures in life especially with the recent passing away of my daughter. As I walked past a TV set in the living room, my attention was taken by the word, "Someone out there needs help."

I turned toward the TV screen. "God loves you," the man continued. He seemed to speak directly to me as his kind face reinforced his compassionate, yet urgent words. Tears welled in my eyes. "No body loves me. I had thought".

The preacher proceeded to affirm, that no matter who you are or what you have done, God loves you. If you will ask for forgiveness of sins and accept Jesus into our lives, He can change it.

At these words I felled to the floor weeping freely. l understood for the first time that here was my escape from the void and the tragic circumstances in my life.

Then I said to Him. "Dear God, I am a lost sinner. I believe you died for sinners. I therefore receive you now as my personal Lord and Saviour."

- Jennifer Asadu (2jesus.org)

1Jn 1:9 (GW): “God is faithful and reliable. If we confess our sins, he forgives them and cleanses us from everything we've done wrong.”

John 1:12 (ESV): “But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.”

“It is altogether doubtful whether any man can be saved who comes to Christ for His help with no intention to obey Him.” - A.W. Tozer.

No comments: