Tuesday, October 4, 2016

HELP IN PRAYING



A little heathen boy, who had just learned the alphabet, was one Sunday morning seen out on the hillside, with his hands clasped together & his eyes closed. He was repeating the letters of the alphabet over & over.

The missionary drew near & asked him what it meant. He replied, "I was praying."

"But why," replied the questioner, "did you repeat the alphabet?"

"Well," he said, "I felt that I must pray & as I knew no prayer, I just said the letters of the alphabet, knowing that the great God would put them into words for me."

- Canadian Epworth Era. (moreillustrations.com)

“In prayer it is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart.” - John Bunyan.

Rom 8:26 (CEV): “In certain ways we are weak, but the Spirit is here to help us. For example, when we don’t know what to pray for, the Spirit prays for us in ways that cannot be put into words.”

No comments: