Monday, October 31, 2016

OTHERS’ SINS



During a revival a young man said frankly that he did not wish to be a Christian.

When asked for his reason, he replied, "Several years ago I was in a man's kitchen. He finding me there swore at me & kicked me out. He was a professing Christian & from that time I decided never to have anything to do with religion. And I never have to this day."

The young man was asked to write down his reason in full & sign it. Then it was handed back to him with the words, "Take this & when you are asked for your excuse on the Day of Judgment, hand this up."

The young man saw his folly & came to Christ that night.

Are you letting the sins of others keep you from giving your heart to Jesus? It will not stand the test of the judgment day.

- The Dawn. (moreillustrations.com)      

“How many prodigals are kept out of the Kingdom of God by the unlovely character of those who profess to be inside!” -  Henry Drummond.

Lord Jesus said: “How terrible for you teachers of the Law! You have kept the key that opens the door to the house of knowledge; you yourselves will not go in, and you stop those who are trying to go in!” (Luke 11:52 GNT).

No comments: