Thursday, October 27, 2016

OUR WILL Vs GOD’S WILL



When I was a boy on the farm, my father once told me to do a certain thing one day that I really did not like to do. He went to town & I noticed that our barn door needed paint.

I knew where there was a can of red paint & a new brush. I tried my hand at painting that door. I did a good job, but when my father came home, well - I do not need to tell you about it! It was not a precious memory!

I performed a service, but I did not do the thing that my father left for me to do.

So with the Christian: he will be rewarded, not for doing the thing that he wants to do, but for doing the thing that Christ left him here to do - to fulfill the great commission.

- The King's Business. (moreillustrations.com)

“The greatest mistake any Christian can make is to substitute his own will for the will of God.” - Harry Ironside.

Rom 12:2 (ICB): “Do not be shaped by this world. Instead be changed within by a new way of thinking. Then you will be able to decide what God wants for you. And you will be able to know what is good and pleasing to God and what is perfect.”

No comments: