Thursday, October 13, 2016

O DEATH! WHERE IS YOUR STING?



I heard lately a simple but significant story. A gardener had a rare & beautiful flower in his charge. He had bestowed great care on it & it was approaching perfection. One day it was missing; some hand had cut it from the stem.

The gardener was troubled & anxious, but was calmed & satisfied at once when the Master came round and said, "I took it."

- (moreillustrations.com)

Gal 2:20 (NKJV): “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.”

“Death stung himself to death when he stung Christ.” - William Romaine.

1 Cor 15:55 (PHILLIPS): “It is sin which gives death its power, and it is the Law which gives sin its strength. All thanks to God, then, who gives us the victory over these things through our Lord Jesus Christ!”
               

No comments: