Wednesday, October 26, 2016

PRAISE THE LORD!


A friend of mine was recently summoned to the bedside of his aged mother. More than 80 yrs of age, she was stricken with what they feared would prove her fatal illness.

While her children were gathered in the room her pastor came; and as he was about to lead them in prayer, he turned to the aged saint & asked her what selection of Scripture he should read. She said: "Make your own selection, but let it be of praise."

The weakness of old age was on her & the pain of sickness, but there was no gloom. It was light at eventide. "Let it be of praise."

- James I. Vance, in Earnest Worker. (moreillustrations.com)

Ps 42:5 (CEV): “Why am I discouraged? Why am I restless? I trust you! And I will praise you again because you help me.”

“We would worry less if we praised more. Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction.” -  Harry Ironside.

No comments: