Tuesday, December 20, 2016

DONKEYS KNOW!



One year when Christmas Day fell on a Sunday, a farmer decided to go to church. (Like some people, he thought he was fulfilling his religious obligation by going to church twice a year - at Christmas and Easter!)

The sermon that day was preached from the text: “Oxen know their owners, and donkeys know where their masters feed them. But Israel doesn’t know its owner. My people don’t understand who feeds them.” (Isa 1:3 GW)

Isaiah is saying that man is dumber than the animals. After church the farmer returned home & stood among his cows. One of them began to lick his hand - a practical demonstration of the sermon he had just heard.

Strong man though he was, the farmer began to weep as he thought, “God did much for me & yet I never thanked Him. My cow is far more grateful than I am, even though all I give her is just grass & water.”

- (ministry127.com)

“When we were children we were grateful to those who filled our stockings at Christmas time. Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stockings with legs?” - G.K. Chesterton.

No comments: