Tuesday, December 27, 2016

ONE MORE YEAR



He came to my desk with quivering lip,
The lesson was done.
"Have you a new leaf for me, dear Teacher?
I have spoiled this one!"
I took his leaf, all soiled and blotted
And gave him a new one, all unspotted,
Then into his tired heart I smiled:
"Do better now, my Child!"

I went to the throne, with trembling heart.
The year was done.
"Have you a new year for me, dear Master?
I have spoiled this one!"
He took my year, all soiled and blotted
And gave me a new one, all unspotted,
Then, into my tired heart he smiled:
"Do better now, my Child!"

- Selected. (moreillustrations.com)

Lk 13:7-9 (CEB): “He said to his gardener, ‘Look, I’ve come looking for fruit on this fig tree for the past three years, and I’ve never found any. Cut it down! Why should it continue depleting the soil’s nutrients?’  The gardener responded, ‘Lord, give it one more year, and I will dig around it and give it fertilizer.  Maybe it will produce fruit next year; if not, then you can cut it down.’”
               

No comments: