Tuesday, July 25, 2017

GOD’S LOVE FOR US



A noted preacher was invited to preach away from home one weekend. Arriving at the station he stood with his suitcase waiting for someone to claim him.

A motor drew up & the driver asked, "Are you Mr. Brown?"

"Yes," he answered, whereupon his luggage was placed in the car which was immediately driven away. He was wondering what to do next, when another & more handsome car drew up to his side.

"Mr. Brown, I think?" observed the gentleman who was driving.

"Yes. But someone else has just asked me that & gone off with my luggage!"

"Oh, that was a servant of mine. I sent him for your luggage, but I've come for you myself."

The Lord Himself will come for His people. Even an angel would not do.

- Christian Herald, London. (moreillustrations.com)

“And since I’m going away to prepare a place for you, I’ll come back again and welcome you into my presence, so that you may be where I am.” – Lord Jesus (John 14:3 ISV)

“On the whole, God's love for us is a much safer subject to think about than our love for Him.” -  C.S. Lewis.

No comments: