Wednesday, July 5, 2017

WHERE IS YOUR HEART ?



In Kansas City, during the great Gipsy Smith revival years ago, an old preacher came into the room where the Gipsy was sitting after the service. Thousands were being blessed & hundreds saved.

The older minister placed his hands upon the evangelist's head & felt about it. “I am trying to find the secret of your success,” he said.

“Too high! Too high! My friend, you are too high,” Gipsy said. “The secret of whatever success God has given me is not up there but down here,” and he placed his hand upon his heart.

- Dr. John R. Rice (moreillustrations.com)

“Refuse to be average. Let your heart soar as high as it will.” -  A.W. Tozer.

Mat 15:8 (GNT): “These people,” says God, “honor me with their words, but their heart is really far away from me.”

No comments: