Monday, July 24, 2017

WORD ACCOMPLISHES GOD’S PURPOSE



In an address delivered at the centennial celebration of the First Presbyterian Church of Pittsburgh, in 1884, Dr. William Speer told of a man, Luke Short, who died in New England at the age of 116.

When over a century old, this man was saved by remembering a sermon which he had heard century before in England on the text “If anyone does not love the Lord, let him be kept from being with Christ. The Lord is coming soon!” (I Cor 16:22 NLV).

As we hear today the voices of century ago echoing within the walls of this church, let us pray that the message they bring to us shall not be without profit & inspiration.

- (moreillustrations.com)

Isa 55:11 (GW): “My word, which comes from my mouth, is like the rain and snow. It will not come back to me without results. It will accomplish whatever I want and achieve whatever I send it to do.”

“An honest heart is open to the Word.” -  A.W. Pink.

No comments: