Friday, September 25, 2015

DO YOU HAVE REAL HOPE?


Several years ago, millionaire Eugene Lang was asked to speak to a class of sixth-graders from East Harlem, New York. What could he say to inspire these students, most of whom would drop out of school?

Scrapping his notes, he decided to speak to them from his heart. “Stay in school,” he admonished, “and I’ll help pay the college fees for every one of you.”

That was a turning point. For the first time in their lives, these students had hope. One said, “I had something to look forward to, something waiting for me. It was a golden feeling.” Nearly 90 percent of that class went on to graduate from high school.

People without hope are people without a future. But when hope is restored, life is restored.

This is especially true for those who come to know Christ. He gives a sure basis for hope. He has promised to return to earth to take us to our eternal home (John 14:3). Till then, there is help through the power of the Holy Spirit. (John 14:26)

- Mart De Haan (preceptaustin.org)

Jesus said: "And after I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to myself, so that you will be where I am." (John 14:3 GNB)

Jesus said: "The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything and make you remember all that I have told you."  (John 14:26 GNB) 

"Without Christ there is no hope." - Charles Spurgeon.

"He that lives in hope dances without music." - George Herbert.

No comments: