Friday, September 25, 2015

HOW GOD PROTECTED


My sister & I were itinerating in a lonely mountain village in Japan & night was coming on when we started to return home. We committed ourselves into the hands of the Lord & felt certain He would see us through.

As we were about to enter a thick wood through which our road ran, we saw two Japanese men in front of us & we felt they meant mischief & as we cried to the Lord to stand by us, there came a great black Newfoundland dog.  It stepped between my sister & me as if to protect us & then barked fiercely at the men as if to tear them to pieces & chased them away.

The dog guided us directly all the remaining three miles right to our door. Then stepping inside, the dog lay all night on the floor keeping vigil. In the morning it went away as mysteriously as it appeared.

- Glad Tidings. (moreillustrations.com)

Psa 91:14-15 (GNB): God says, "I will save those who love me and will protect those who acknowledge me as LORD. When they call to me, I will answer them; when they are in trouble, I will be with them. I will rescue them and honor them."

"The safest place in the entire world is in the will of God, and the safest protection in all the world is the name of God."  - Warren Wiersbe.
        

No comments: