Tuesday, September 8, 2015

LOVE YOUR ENEMIES


A lovely story is told by Mrs. R. J. Richardson, a missionary refugee from China. When traveling with two little children, she was examined by a Japanese soldier whose rude handling of her person provoked her protest.

This was answered by a harsh slap on her face, which stunned her mentally & physically. She was finally released & got into her rickshaw & drove off.

"As we passed through a little lane, seeing nobody in sight, I gave vent to my feelings & began to sob. I could not help it. When the rickshaw-puller heard me crying, he turned around & said, 'Don't cry, lady. Blessed are those that are persecuted for righteousness' sake.'

This humble servant of the Lord, a perfect stranger to me, was being used of the Lord to bring me a message of comfort & to give me a thought that would overcome all feeling of resentment."

- The Sunday School Times (moreillustrations.com)

"God is not looking for extraordinary characters as His instruments, but He is looking for humble instruments through whom He can be honored throughout the ages."  -  A.B. Simpson.

Jesus said: "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But now I tell you: do not take revenge on someone who wrongs you. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, let him slap your left cheek too … love your enemies … You must be perfect - just as your Father in heaven is perfect.  (Mat 5:38-39, 44 & 48 GNB)

No comments: