Wednesday, September 2, 2015

FEAR


According to an ancient legend, a man driving one day to Constantinople was stopped by an old woman who asked him for a ride. He took her up beside him & as they drove along, he looked at her & become frightened & asked, "Who are you?"

The old woman replied: "I am Cholera"

Thereupon the peasant ordered the old woman to get down & walk; but she persuaded him to take her along upon her promise that she would not kill more than five people in Constantinople. As a pledge of the promise she handed him a dagger, saying to him that it was the only weapon with which she could be killed. Then she added: "I shall meet you in two days. If I break my promise, you may stab me."

In Constantinople 120 people died of the cholera. The enraged man who had driven her to the city & to whom she had given the dagger as a pledge that she would not kill more than five went out to look for the old woman & meeting her, raised his dagger to kill her. But she stopped him, saying: "I have kept my agreement. I killed only five. Fear killed the others."

This legend is a true parable of life. Where disease kills its thousands, fear kills its tens of thousands. Fear betrays man's spirit, breaks down his defense, disarms him in the battle, unfits him for the work of life & adds terror to the dying bed.

- (moreillustrations.com)

"Negative minds full of fear and doubt produce negative lives, which can ultimately destroy your life."  -  Joyce Meyer.

"For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me." – Job (Job 3:25 KJV)

"Fear God and you'll have nothing else to fear."  - Woodrow Kroll.

No comments: