Tuesday, September 15, 2015

NEVER ALONE


Many years ago a poor German immigrant woman sat with her children in the waiting room of an Eastern station.

A lady passenger to a train, struck by her look of misery, stopped a moment to speak to her. She confided that her husband had been buried at sea; she was going to Iowa & it was hard to enter a strange land alone with her babies.

The stranger had but one moment. She pressed a little money into the poor women's hand & said: "Alone! Why, Jesus is with you! He never will leave you alone!"

Ten years afterward the woman said: "That word gave me courage for all my life. When I was a child I knew Christ & loved Him. I had forgotten Him. That chance word brought me back to Him. It kept me strong & happy through all troubles."

 - 'All Aboard' (moreillustrations.com)

Jesus said: "…. And remember, I am with you each and every day until the end of the age."  (Mat 28:20 ISV)

"You don't have to be alone in your hurt! Comfort is yours. Joy is an option. And it's all been made possible by your Savior. He went without comfort so you might have it. He postponed joy so you might share in it. He willingly chose isolation so you might never be alone in your hurt and sorrow."  - Joni Eareckson Tada.

(A diving accident in 1967 left Joni a quadriplegic in a wheelchair unable to use her hands. Today, she is an internationally known mouth artist, a talented vocalist, an author of 17 books and an advocate for disabled persons worldwide.)

No comments: