Wednesday, March 15, 2017

CHARACTER



A minister, who had done great service in the church, had this to say:

"I have had some degree of acquaintance with Jesus Christ for almost 40 years. I have borne the ministerial role for 25 years.

I have been perhaps of some use in the Church of God & I have had a greater share of esteem among religious people than I had any reason to expect.

Yet after all, it is possible for me in one single hour of temptation to blast my character, to ruin my public usefulness & to render my warmest Christian friends ashamed of owning me."

- (moreillustrations.com)              

“Character is made by many acts. It may be lost by a single act.” – Author unknown.

Pro 18:3 (GNT): “Sin and shame go together. Lose your honor and you will get scorn in its place.”

“When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost.” - Billy Graham.

No comments: