Tuesday, March 14, 2017

WEEPING FOR THE LOST



“When I was in Boston I used to attend a Sunday school class. One day I recollect my teacher came around behind the counter of the shop I was at work in & put his hand upon my shoulder & talked to me about Christ & my soul. I had not felt that I had a soul till then.

I said to myself: ‘This is a very strange thing. Here is a man, who never saw me till lately & he is weeping over my sins & I never shed a tear about them.’

But I understand it now & know what it is to have a passion for men’s souls & weep over their sins. I don’t remember what he said, but I can still feel the power of that man’s hand on my shoulder tonight.” - D.L. Moody.

The concern & tears of a godly teacher resulted in the salvation of a man who saw a million souls saved in his evangelistic campaigns.

- Frank Grenville Beardsley. (ministry127.com)

Heb 5:7 (NCV): “While Jesus lived on earth, he prayed to God and asked God for help. He prayed with loud cries and tears to the One who could save him from death, and his prayer was heard because he trusted God.”

“Tears shed for self are tears of weakness, but tears shed for others are a sign of strength.” - Billy Graham.

No comments: