Thursday, March 16, 2017

YOUR OWN WORLD



In the engrossing story of his life the Russian novelist Maxim Gorky tells of his experiences as a cabin boy on a steamer on the Volga River.

Depraved, degraded, corrupted and corrupting men & women were all around him. Particularly evil in speech & action was the stewardess of the boat.

But Gorky relates that he suffered no harm, because his world was different from their world.

"I did not grasp," he says, "the meaning of her speech, although I dimly guessed at it. But I was not disturbed by it. I lived far away from the stewardess & from all that went on in that world. I lived behind a great rugged rock that hid me from that entire world."

You can have your own world if you are determined to have it. What kind of world do you want?

- (moreillustrations.com)

Js 4:4 (CEV): “You people aren’t faithful to God! Don’t you know that if you love the world, you are God’s enemies? And if you decide to be a friend of the world, you make yourself an enemy of God.”

“Truth and love are two of the most powerful things in the world; and when they both go together they cannot easily be withstood.” - Ralph Cudworth.  

No comments: