Monday, November 27, 2017

BEING CHEERFUL



A preacher was completing a serious sermon: with great expression he said: "If I had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river."

With even greater emphasis, he said: "And if I had all the wine in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river."

And then, finally, he said: "And if I had all the whiskey in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river." He sat down.

The song leader then stood very cautiously and announced with a pleasant smile: "For our closing song, let us sing Hymn #365: 'Shall We Gather At the River.'"

- (aksermonillustrations.blogspot.in)

Pro 17:22 (NOG): “A joyful heart is good medicine, but depression drains one’s strength.”

“No man should desire to be happy who is not at the same time holy. He should spend his efforts in seeking to know and do the will of God, leaving to Christ the matter of how happy he should be.” -  A.W. Tozer.


No comments: