Tuesday, November 21, 2017

LOVING THE UNSEEN



"Papa, do you love Jesus?" asked little Emily of her father, who did not care for anything religious.

"Jesus is dead, my dear, long, long ago. He was crucified & that was the end of Him."

"But Jesus rose again & did what no other man could do. And if Jesus was not living now, we could not be living either, as He gives us life & everything else, Papa."

"But how can I love whom I have never seen, Emily? Tell me that, my dear."
Emily at first did not know what to reply & her father looked pleased to know that he had puzzled her. At length she said, "Papa, how old was I when Mama died?"

"Only 6 months, my child."

"Then I can't say that I ever saw her for I don't remember her at all. But you have always tried to make me love her by telling me how good & kind she was & I do love her, although I have never seen her that I can remember."

By this time the tears were running down the father's cheeks & kissing Emily, he said, "God has spoken to me by you, my dear & now you must pray for me & ask God to give me a new heart, with which I shall love Jesus."

And the prayer was soon answered.

- Sent of God.(moreillustrations.com)

Jesus said, “Because you have seen me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe.” (John 20:29 CSB)

No comments: