Thursday, November 30, 2017

HAVE YOU COUNTED THE COST?



Two young soldiers were talking about the service of Christ.

One of them said:
 "I cannot tell you all that the Lord Jesus is to me, or what He has done for me. I do wish you would enlist in His army!"

"I am thinking about it," answered the other young man, "but it means giving up several things - in fact, I am counting the cost."

A Christian officer, just passing, heard the last remark & laying his hand on the shoulder of the young soldier, said:

"Young man, you talk of counting the cost of following Christ, but have you ever counted the cost of not following Him?"

For days that question exercised the mind of that young man & he found no rest till he trusted the Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior of sinners, whose faithful soldier he has been for 27 years.

-T., in Scattered Seed (moreillustrations.com)

Mark 16:16 (NLT): “Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned.”

No comments: