Friday, November 3, 2017

TRUST



A consecrated Christian worker writes in a personal letter to a friend:

"The truth is, I have been pretty much worried by the financial situation & yesterday the Lord sent peace into my heart, so that now I have that sweet assurance that He will provide in His own time... I have been learning that the kind of trust that God wants is to trust Him when everything is gone & only God remains.”

- Sunday School Times. (moreillustrations.com) 

Ps 34:8 (ISV): “Taste and see that the Lord is good! How blessed is the person who trusts in him!”

"True faith, by a mighty effort of the will, fixes its gaze on our Divine Helper, and there finds it possible and wise to lose its fears. It is madness to say, 'I will not be afraid;' it is wisdom and peace to say: 'I will trust and not be afraid.'" -  Alexander MacLaren.


No comments: