Monday, March 5, 2018

DEATH TO SELF



When a man asked George Mueller the secret of his service, Mueller responded:

“There was a day when I died, utterly died; died to George Mueller, his opinions, preferences, tastes, and will; died to the world, its approval or censure; died to the approval or blame even of my brethren and friends; and since then I have studied to show myself approved only to God.”

Source: The London Quarterly Review (ministry127.com)

“Fear of man is the enemy of the fear of the Lord. The fear of man pushes us to perform for man's approval rather than according to God's directives.” -  Paul Chappell.

“I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I that live, but Christ living in me. That life which I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself up for me.” – Paul (Gal 2:20 WEB)

“Is the world crucified to you tonight? Or does it fascinate you?” -  Leonard Ravenhill.

No comments: