Thursday, March 22, 2018

GRACE



Dwight L. Moody became so stirred in the preparation of his sermon on `Grace', so wrought up in his search for truth, that he seized his hat, left his study, strode out into the street & accosted the first man he met with the abrupt enquiry:

“Do you know what Grace is?”

The man happened to be a policeman on point duty, and the question & earnestness of Moody broke him down & the encounter transformed his life.

Is it any wonder that a man, fired with such earnestness & intensity, exerted such power over audiences?

- (moreillustrations.com)

Jer 20:9 (GNT): But when I say, “I will forget the Lord and no longer speak in his name,” then your message is like a fire burning deep within me. I try my best to hold it in, but can no longer keep it back.

“Grace is free sovereign favor to the undeserving.” -  B.B. Warfield.

No comments: