Sunday, March 18, 2018

OFFERING FOR MISSIONS



A minister whose heart was aglow with missionary zeal gave notice to his congregation that in the evening an offering would be taken for missions & he asked for liberal gifts.

A selfish, well-to-do man in the congregation met the preacher before the evening service & said:
“You are going to kill the church if you go on saying, ‘Give, give, give.’ No church can stand it. You are going to kill it.”

After the sermon the preacher said to the people:

“Brother Jones told me I am going to kill this church if I keep asking you to give; but, my brethren, churches don’t die that way. If anybody knows of a church that died because it had been giving too much to the Lord, I would be very much obliged if my brother would tell me where that church is, for I will visit it & say, ‘Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord.’”

Source: Sword of the Lord (ministry127.com)

“The only investment I ever made which has paid consistently increasing dividends is the money I have given to the Lord.” - J. L. Kraft (head of Kraft Cheese Corporation).

2 Cor 9:6-7 (GNY): “Remember that the person who plants few seeds will have a small crop; the one who plants many seeds will have a large crop.  You should each give, then, as you have decided, not with regret or out of a sense of duty; for God loves the one who gives gladly.”

“Since my money is God's money, every spending decision I make is a spiritual decision.” -  John Hagee.

No comments: