Monday, April 16, 2018

A LUKEWARM CHRISTIAN



Recently I talked to a man I will call Mr. Luke Warm, for he is neither cold nor hot. He says he is a Christian but seldom attends church.

“I am under a great deal of tension where I work,” he explained, “and often go fishing on weekends for relaxation. Church is all right, but a person can’t do everything, you know.”

Mr. Luke Warm also had an uneasy conscience about his giving, for he continued:

“I put a dollar or two in the offering plate whenever I go & I think that’s all God can expect of me. If I gave a tenth of my income, it would amount to more than $2000. You just don’t know how expensive it is for me to maintain my cabin at the lake & pay dues to keep my membership at the country club. Anyway, churches put too much emphasis on money.” 

Source: 'Encyclopedia of 7700 Illustrations', Paul Lee Tan (ministry127.com)

Rev 3:15-16 (CJB):  “I know what you are doing: you are neither cold nor hot. How I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm, neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of my mouth!”

“When you become consumed by God's call on your life, everything will take on new meaning and significance. You will begin to see every aspect of your life - including your pain - as a means through which God can work to bring others to Himself.” -  Charles Stanley.

No comments: