Wednesday, April 4, 2018

CELEBRITY OR SERVANT?



From July 26 to August 7, 1971, the eyes of millions of Americans were on the Apollo 15 moon mission.
You may remember the astronauts David R. Scott & James B. Irwin, who landed on the moon & spent 18 of their 66 hours there outside the spacecraft. 

They covered over 17 miles of the surface in a specialized vehicle people dubbed the “moon buggy.”

Upon returning to earth, James Irwin, a professed Christian believer, declared:

“As I was returning, I realized that I am not a celebrity but a servant. So I am here as God’s servant on Planet Earth to share what I have experienced, that others may know the glory of God.”

Most of us may never attain the status of a James B Irwin, but all of us can have the spirit he possessed - the spirit of a servant.

Source: 'Preaching that Pleases God', Tom Farrell (ministry127.com)

“Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of me.” – Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 26:16 NIV)

“The most important qualification for a servant of God is that he does not seek his own.” -  Zac Poonen.

No comments: