Wednesday, May 6, 2015

GOD LOVES ME


Some years ago two gentlemen were riding together & as they were about to separate, one addressed the other thus: "Do you ever read your Bible?"

"Yes," was the answer, "but I get no benefit from it, because, to tell the truth, I feel I do not love God."

"Neither did I," replied the other, "until I thought of how much God loves me."

This answer produced such an effect upon his friend that, to use his own words, it was as if one had lifted him off the saddle into the skies. It opened up to his soul at once the great truth, that it is not how much I love God, but how much God loves me.

(moreillustrations.com)

“God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.” - Augustine.

1Pe 1:18-19 (GW): “Realize that you weren't set free from the worthless life handed down to you from your ancestors by a payment of silver or gold which can be destroyed. Rather, the payment that freed you was the precious blood of Christ, the lamb with no defects or imperfections.”

No comments: