Wednesday, May 13, 2015

SELF-DEFENSE


"Do you think it would be wrong for me to learn the noble art of self-defense?" a young man inquired of his pastor.

"Certainly not," answered the minister. "I learned it in youth myself & I have found it of great value during my life."

"Indeed, sir! Did you learn the old English system or the Sullivan system?"

"I learned neither," said the minister. "I learned the Solomon system."

"The Solomon system?" answered the young man.

"Yes; you will find it in Proverbs chapter fifteen & verse one: ‘A SOFT ANSWER turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.’ It is the best system of self-defense of which I know!"

- Youth's Counselor. (moreillustrations.com)

“To assure victory we need to watch even the sound of our speech. Immediately the evil spirit touches our spirit, our voice loses its softness. A harsh, hard, and shrill utterance does not spring from the Holy Spirit; it simply exhibits the fact that the one who speaks has been poisoned already by Satan.” - Watchman Nee.

No comments: