Monday, May 18, 2015

WHY ARE WE SAVED?


Some years ago I was lecturing in Western Pennsylvania. In one home where I was entertained was a dear little four-year-old whom I delighted to tease.

One day I asked her, "Are you worth anything?"

She said, "No."

And I asked, "What's the use of keeping you, then?"

The little face grew dark and puzzled while she felt for an answer. Then she blurted out,

"Oh, I tell you why: Mama loves me." And not an angel under the heavens could have given a better answer.

Love, divine love alone, makes us worth saving.

- Thomas Chalmers (moreillustrations.com)

“Christ died for men precisely because men are not worth dying for; to make them worth it.” - C.S. Lewis.

1Jn 4:10 (GNB): “This is what love is: it is not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the means by which our sins are forgiven.”

“Remember, your worth is founded in Jesus Christ.” - Warren Wiersbe.

No comments: