Tuesday, May 19, 2015

WANTING MORE


Two friends met each other on the street one day. One looked sad, almost on the verge of tears. His friend asked, “What has the world done to you, my old friend?”

The sad fellow said, “Let me tell you: three weeks ago, my uncle died & left me forty thousand dollars.”

“That’s a lot of money.”

“But you see, two weeks ago, a cousin I never even knew died & left me eighty-five thousand dollars, free & clear.”

“Sounds to me that you’ve been very blessed.”

“You don’t understand!” he interrupted. “Last week my great-aunt passed away. I inherited almost a quarter of a million from her.”

Now the man’s friend was really confused. “Then, why do you look so glum?”

“This week – I got nothing!”

We can often come to the point where we expect to get certain blessings that God never promised us & when they do not come, it is easy to get bitter.

(ministry127.com)

You say, "If I had a little more, I should be very satisfied." You make a mistake. If you are not content with what you have, you would not be satisfied if it were doubled. - Charles Spurgeon.

“I know what it is to be in need and what it is to have more than enough. I have learned this secret, so that anywhere, at any time, I am content, whether I am full or hungry, whether I have too much or too little.” – Paul (Phil 4:12)

No comments: