Sunday, June 14, 2015

DEATH TO SELF


In a city that he visited during one of his many journeys preaching the Word of God, Dr. A. C. Gaebelein noticed a sign in a small tailoring and dyeing establishment which read:

I LIVE TO DYE, I DYE TO LIVE 
THE MORE I DYE THE MORE I LIVE 
THE MORE I LIVE THE MORE I DYE

Read these words aloud, and you will hear a great spiritual truth.

The more there is death to self, that much more fully is the Lord Jesus Christ able to live His life in us.

"I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I that live, but Christ living in me." (Gal 2:20).
This kind of living is possible to every believer by full appropriation of all that is his in Christ. "So you too consider yourselves dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus." (Rom. 6:11).

(moreillustrations.com)

"Live each day as if it were your last - some day you will be alright." - Author unknown.

No comments: