Thursday, June 25, 2015

GIVING


A $100 bill, a $20 bill, and a $1 bill met up with each other at the shredder at the end of their natural lives.

The $100 said, “Well, I’ve had a good life. I’ve seen the whole world. I’ve been on cruises in Caribbean, safaris in Africa, and vacations in Europe.”

The $20 said, “Well, I’ve not done quite as well, but I have been to Atlantic City, Disneyland, and Starbucks.”

They both turned to $1 bill and asked, “How about you?” He said, “Oh, I’ve seen the whole nation from coast to coast. I’ve been from church to church to church...”

The $100 bill asked, “What’s a church?”

- Robert Morgan (preceptaustin.org)

"Give according to your income, lest God make your income according to your income." - Unknown author.

2Co 9:6-7 (GNB): "Remember that the person who plants few seeds will have a small crop; the one who plants many seeds will have a large crop. You should each give, then, as you have decided, not with regret or out of a sense of duty; for God loves the one who gives gladly."

"After giving something to God, you are no longer accountable for it. Your blessing is based on your giving, not on what others do with the gift." - Ed Cole.

No comments: