Monday, June 29, 2015

LOOK OVER & LOOK UP TO GOD


John Wesley was one day walking along the road with a friend who, sore vexed and troubled, expressed his doubts of God's goodness.

'I don't know what I shall do with all my worries and troubles,' said he.

Wesley noticed a cow looking over a stone wall, and put the question, 'Why does a cow look over the wall?'

`Because it can't see through it, I suppose,' replied his friend.

`Precisely!' said Wesley. 'So, if you can't see through your troubles, try looking over them: and look up to God.'

(moreillustrations.com)

Psa 121:1-2 (ESV): "I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come?
My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth."

"Some people have the power but not the willingness to help. Others have the willingness but not the power. God has both." - Lee Roberson.

No comments: