Wednesday, June 3, 2015

STEWARDSHIP


Guy L. Morrill, in his book, Stewardship Stories, tells of a Sunday school class of boys, who for a number of weeks had studied stewardship.

As they came to the end of their study of this subject, their teacher asked them to write out what they thought stewardship meant.

One boy wrote this: "Stewardship means that life is a great ship, loaded with a rich cargo of many things to be delivered to many peoples in many places. God is the owner, but I am the captain of the ship."

How do you think of yourself? As owner or as captain of the things you possess? Are you delivering the goods?

(moreillustrations.com)

“If I have but enough for myself and family, I am steward only for myself and them; if I have more, I am but a steward of that abundance for others.” - George Herbert.

Luke 16:12 (CEV): “And if you cannot be trusted with what belongs to someone else, who will give you something that will be your own?”

“At the end of your life on earth you will be evaluated and rewarded according to how well you handled what God entrusted to you.” - Rick Warren.

No comments: