Thursday, July 14, 2016

DISAPPOINTMENT



A disappointed salesman of Coca-Cola returned from his assignment to Israel.  A friend asked, "Why weren't you successful with the Israelis?"

The salesman explained, "When I got posted, I was very confident that I would make a good sales pitch. But I had a problem. I didn't know how to speak Hebrew. So I planned to convey the message through 3 posters.

1st poster: A man lying in the hot desert sand totally exhausted & fainting.

2nd poster: The man is drinking Coca-Cola.

3rd poster: The man is now totally refreshed.

And then these posters were pasted all over the place.”

"Terrific! That should have worked!" said the friend.

"The heck it should have!" said the salesman. "No one told me they read from right to left!"

- Contributed by Sam & Betty Wong (aksermonillustrations.blogspot.in)

“What do you do when disappointment comes? When it weighs on you like a rock, you can either let it press you down until you become discouraged, even devastated; or you can use it as a stepping-stone to better things.” -  Joyce Meyer.

2 Chronicles 15:7 (ISV): “Now as for you, be strong and never be discouraged, because there will be reward for your work.”

No comments: