Sunday, July 10, 2016

THE PRODIGAL SON



Dr. Draper, a Salvation Army doctor in India, once visited a dying man of 25, when he was about the same age himself. The young man was lying in hospital dying of T.B.

He had been visited by many Christian people who had spoken to him about his soul, but he could not grasp the truth or understand the simple way of salvation.

Dr. Draper read to him the story of the prodigal son, and it was the means by which the young man was saved.

- (moreillustrations.com)

Luke 15:17-20 (GNT):  At last he (prodigal son) came to his senses and said, ‘All my father's hired workers have more than they can eat, and here I am about to starve!  I will get up and go to my father and say, “Father, I have sinned against God and against you.  I am no longer fit to be called your son; treat me as one of your hired workers.”’ So he got up and started back to his father.

Someone asked Charles Dickens once what was the best short story in the English language, and his reply was - `The Prodigal Son'.

No comments: