Friday, July 22, 2016

VISION



In his book ‘The Wilson Era,’ Josephus Daniels, secretary of the navy under President Wilson, relates how he once asked Andrew Carnegie (steel tycoon & one of the wealthiest 19th century U.S. businessmen) what the secret of his remarkable success was.

Carnegie replied, "I owe it all to my flashes."

Mystified, Daniels said, "What do you mean by 'flashes'?"

"All my life," replied Carnegie, "I woke up early in the morning & always there came into my mind with the waking a flash telling me what to do that day & if I followed those flashes, I always succeeded."

"You mean," said Daniels, "that you have heavenly visions & like the man in the Scriptures you were not disobedient to your visions?"

"Call it that if you like," answered Carnegie, "or call it flashes; but it was the following of those silent admonitions & directions which brought me the success you say I have achieved."

Whatever may be said about the flashes in the business world, there is no doubt about flashes of divine impulse in the moral & spiritual world. When they come, happy is the man who, like Paul, is not disobedient to the heavenly vision.

- (moreillustrations.com)

Paul said: “… I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision.” (Acts 26:19 NKJV)

“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.” - Helen Keller.

No comments: