Sunday, July 17, 2016

How Can Man Keep the GOLDEN RULE?



One evening the chief of the Delaware Indians was sitting by a fireside with a friend. Both were silently looking into the fire.

At last his friend broke the silence by saying: "I have been thinking of a rule delivered by the Author of the Christian religion, which we call the ‘Golden Rule.’"

"Stop," said the chief, "don't praise it; tell me what it is & let me think about it for myself." He was told that the rule is for a man to do to others that which he would want others to do for him.

"That's impossible; it cannot be done," hastily replied the Indian. Silence followed.

In about 15 minutes the Indian said: "Brother, I have been thoughtful of what you told me. If the Great Spirit who made man would give him a new heart, he could do as you say, but not else."

- Book of Bible Stories. (moreillustrations.com)          

Eze 36:26 (TLB): “And I will give you a new heart - I will give you new and right desires - and put a new spirit within you. I will take out your stony hearts of sin and give you new hearts of love.”

Lord Jesus said:  “Do for others what you want them to do for you.” (Luke 6:31 ERV)

No comments: