Monday, August 29, 2016

ACKNOWLEDGING THE LORD



A Japanese schoolboy once showed his courage in a way that puts many of us to shame.

He belonged to a school in Nagasaki containing 150 boys & he was the only Christian among them all. He brought his luncheon to school as he lived at a distance & he dared to fold his hands & ask a blessing every day before he ate.

Some boys went to the headmaster of the school & accused him of "doing something in the way of magic." The headmaster thereupon called the lad before the school & asked him what he had been doing.

The little fellow spoke up bravely, explaining that he was a Christian & that he had been thanking God & asking Him to bless the food.

At once the master burst into tears, putting his head down on the desk. "My boy," he said, "I, too, am a Christian; but I did not dare let men know that I was one. Now, please God, I will try to live as a Christian ought to live."

- Late Amos R. Wells, in Christian Herald. (moreillustrations.com)              

Lord Jesus said: “Whoever acknowledges me in the presence of others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge in the presence of God’s angels.  But whoever disowns me before others will be disowned before God’s angels.” (Luke 12:8-9 CJB)

“Prayer honors God, acknowledges His being, exalts His power, adores His providence and secures His aid.” - E.M. Bounds.

No comments: