Friday, August 26, 2016

YIELDING TO GOD



“Why am I not happy?” inquired a wealthy lady as she stood beside the missionary, Dr. Goforth of China, in her home.

“Have you surrendered all?” enquired the man of God, quietly.

“Yes, as far as I know, I have surrendered all,” responded the woman.

“Are you sure?” insisted Dr. Goforth, “that your all is on the altar?”

“My all is on the altar, I believe,” answered the woman again.

“And you are willing for God to take your little girl here & send her to China?” asked the missionary, placing his hand on her head.

“God take my daughter & make her a missionary in China! I should say not. I want her with me,” exclaimed the mother.

“And yet you tell me you have yielded all & you haven't even given your own child to God. How can you expect God's blessing & peace & joy? You stand as it were between God & His will for your daughter & you say to Him, ‘Thus far shall Thou come & no farther. You can have my home, my money, me, but - don't touch my daughter.’ Madam, do you call that surrender?”

- (moreillustrations.com)

Lord Jesus said: “If you love your father or mother or even your sons and daughters more than me, you are not fit to be my disciples.” (Mat 10:37 CEV).

No comments: