Monday, August 29, 2016

SALVATION IS GOD’S GIFT



Bishop Taylor Smith, the evangelical stalwart, was one day sitting in a barber's shop having a shave. When he spoke to the barber about being right with God, the barber replied, “I do my best & that's good enough for me.”

When the Bishop's shave was completed & the next man had taken his place, he asked, “May I shave this customer?”

“Oh no!” replied the barber firmly.

“But I would do my best,” said the Bishop.

“So you might”, replied the barber, “but your best would not be good enough for this customer.”

“No & neither is yours good enough for God,” was the Bishop's reply.

You are saved by letting God do His best for you & He did that at Calvary.

Isa 64:6 (CEV): “We are unfit to worship you; each of our good deeds is merely a filthy rag…”

- Selwyn Hughes (moreillustrations.com)

“The best duties of unbelievers are but white lies.” -  John Owen.

Ep 2:8-9 (NIRV): “God’s grace has saved you because of your faith in Christ. Your salvation doesn’t come from anything you do. It is God’s gift.  It is not based on anything you have done. No one can brag about earning it.”

No comments: