Monday, August 29, 2016

SMOKING/BOOZING/CHEWING TOBACCO (Gutka/Manickchand)



The late Dr. John Roach Stratton, valiant defender of the faith, gave this testimony:

"I wish to bear my own personal testimony that I did not overcome the habit of smoking until the truth of the return of our Lord came home clearly to my mind & heart.

When I did thus believe that Jesus Christ is surely coming back to this world again, even as He plainly promised, and that His coming for His church - the redeemed - may be at any moment, I found grace to throw pipes & cigars away completely, never to take them up again.

I did not want Jesus to come back & find me with a breath that was offensive, or presenting the sorry spectacle of a preacher with a pipe or cigar in the corner of his mouth!"

- Sunday School Times.           

It is a medically proved fact that smoking, boozing or chewing tobacco destroys health.

1Co 3:16-17 (GW) says: “Don't you know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him because God's temple is holy. You are that holy temple!”

Paul said: “I am able to do all things through him who gives me strength.” (Phil 4:13 BBE)

“It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.” - Edmund Hillary.

No comments: